The term “hacker” is often misjudged or mistaken for something unethical. However, such is not the case. There are unethical hackers, then there are ethical people trying to make a difference. Ethical hacking is generally executed by a skilled programmer who holds expertise in machine codes and computer operating systems. Hacking is a broader realm and comprises a plethora of key functionalities as compared to programming.
Even before you choose ethical hacking as your profession in the future, it is important for you to know what exactly is ethical hacking and how it works. Also, it is equally crucial for you to explore how to become a successful hacker.
So, let’s cover all essential points in this blog and get the hang of ethical hacking criticalities for a professionally prosperous career ahead.
What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical hacking is also known as penetration testing or pen-testing. An ethical hacker, with legal consents, breaks into computer systems and evaluates their whereabouts and functionalities in an endeavor to safeguard the organization’s privacy parameters.
The hackers are dedicated to identifying data computer security weaknesses and coming up with alternative suggestions, remedies and stricter policies.
Why Choose Ethical Hacking as A Career Option?
If you are a newbie, you might be skeptical of choosing ethical hacking as a career option. Or, you may wonder what makes hacking a career choice in the first place. So, let’s take a look at the pointers below for fairer insights into the context.
- If you enjoy being a part of high-end technologies, then ethical hacking is apparently the best career choice.
- Hacking involves a lot of brainstorming and critical insights into the nitty-gritty of computer programming.
- With each passing day, successful hacking will back you up with technical knowledge and coding essentialities.
- You can utilize the acquired knowledge further and implement the same in other fields of expertise.
- Ethical hackers gain a strong sense of responsibility and earn great respects among people.
- They are admired and consulted by various authoritarian bodies as well, which is itself a great honor.
Now that you know about the significance of choosing ethical hacking as a career, venture out with confidence and game up the scene like a boss. But, before that, spare some time in learning about the various stages of hacking and know how to develop workplace expertise in the right manner.
Becoming an Ethical Hacker – The Broader Dimension
Ethical hacking may sound cool, but you cannot expect to make a living out of it without honing the quintessential skills. After all, it is not a regular job of a software engineer, dedicated to testing and developing apps such as Math problem solver, mobile-based games and the likes. When it comes to hacking, you need to be a bit more dynamic.
So, take a look here, read through the suggestions, acknowledge them and pave your way towards the world of hacking.
- Getting Started
Most ethical hackers initiate their professional journey by acquiring a computer science degree. Well, there’s more to it. Here are a couple of more essentialities you should acknowledge.
- You may obtain an A+ certification in CompTIA.
- It will require you to appear for two exams.
- One will test your knowledge about the different components of a computer.
- The other one will evaluate your expertise in dismantling and rebuilding a PC altogether.
- You should possess at least 500 hours of practical computing experience if you choose to appear for these exams.
- Acquiring Network Support Skills
Once you have the preliminary qualifications, take a step ahead and acquire network support skills. According to researchers and experienced hackers, honing network support skills allows all potential hackers to:
- Undertake critical activities such as monitoring, regulating and updating all hacking essentials under various situations.
- Network support proficiency will help you to install the right security programs and detect computing weaknesses and setbacks in an effective way.
- Also, it will allow you to gain extensive knowledge across the various functionalities of network security.
- As a result, you will also be able to secure your profile as a network engineer.
- Wider Job Opportunities
Once you gain the right experience, you can always explore lots of professional realms other than hacking. Here are some suggestions in terms of the job prospects you can build for yourself.
- As mentioned above, you can always secure your position as a network engineer.
- If you are successful in obtaining certification in Security+, CISSP or TISCA, then you can expand further avenues and sign up for the job of a technical trainer.
- Most importantly, you get to work in the domain of Information Security as well.
- Gradually, you can tread further and get a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) degree from the EC Council, also known as the International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants.
Thus, it goes without saying that ethical hacking, as a profession, has ample opportunities and prospects for you in store. You just need the determination to achieve new heights and do better than tomorrow. In a market where the demand for ethical hackers is at its peaks, you stand a definite chance to earn lucrative bucks down the road.
By the way, would you like to know the net salary you can draw each year? Well, it’s a hefty $120,000.
Go grab it!